It’s either easy, or forget it.Marty Rubin
I don’t subscribe to the quote above in all things…for instance, a good musician would never succeed unless they worked hard. However, in terms of cooking dinner, ease is your friend. Find a few delicious and simple recipes that you know by heart, and you’re in business!
I’m about to lay the easiest recipe I know right on you! Almost embarrassing, but so good, who cares? And, our friends love it, so it’s great for company. Cornbread is the ONLY bread option as an accompaniment, in my considered opinion, and should be “doctored” up with cheese, sour cream, chilis, or some other good thing (coming soon in another post!)
Here’s Mr. G’s favorite soup!
White Chicken Chili
- 2-3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 T. Olive or Canola Oil (I use Canola)
- 6-8 cups chicken broth (I use Better than Bouillon and water)
- 1 can diced green chilis (mild)
- 2 cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 tsp. cumin
- 1/2-3/4 jar of green salsa
- Garnish: shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips, avocado (your choice!)
Saute onion in oil in a heavy dutch oven or stockpot. Add green chilis, salsa, chicken, chicken broth, beans and cumin. Let simmer. Garnish with cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips, cilantro, or avocado (or all of these!).
Enjoy! And, next time, on the blog, let’s talk about cornbread!