Good afternoon, my friends! I have not been very active on the blog, which is odd, because I have more time than usual. Finding it hard to concentrate on much! However, I’ve been trying to eat more vegetarian meals, and created a recipe that I’m really enjoying! Thought I would share it with you. Here goes!
Corliss’ Chickpea/Brown Rice Salad
- 1/2 English Cucumber (chopped)
- 10 Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion
- Mint (handful – 1/4 cup chopped)
- Cilantro (handful – 1/4 cup chopped)
- Cooked Brown Rice (I use two Trader Joe’s frozen brown rice packets)
- 1 Can Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans), drained and rinse
Mix all of the above together (really hard!!) Then toss in this dressing:
- 1/4 Cup light oil (Canola or Light Olive Oil)
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp. sweet hot mustard
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 T. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4-1/3 cup feta cheese
Shake well to combine and toss the dressing in the salad. Then, scatter the feta through the salad. This is REALLY good! Easy, and lasts for several days in the fridge. After sitting in the fridge for a while, you might want to add a little more dressing (or at least vinegar) for more zing!
Until next time, my friends! Hoping your days are filled with sun and you have peace!